Demographic change is driving demand for medical technology products, while health expenditure is growing. At the same time, advances in medical technology are enabling more and more diseases to be treated.
On the other hand, companies in the sector need to devote more resources to meeting their obligations to provide comprehensive clinical data under the EU Medical Device Directive (MDR). Moreover, business, innovation and cooperation models are changing due to the worldwide shift in reimbursement schemes towards benefit-driven healthcare. A market shake-out is foreseeable.
In the medtech sector we are currently involved, for example, in the following companies:
- LAP Laser – one of the world’s leading manufacturers of laser projection and measuring systems for medical and industrial applications
- Nicolay – manufacturer of cables, connectors and sensors for ventilators and other medical technology
- Impetus – medical engineering and product development in medical technology and other fields
- GPE Group – system vendor for the complete medical technology supply chain, from design and development to fabrication, packaging and logistics
- Wundex Group – leading home care provider of a fully integrated home care offering to patients with chronic wounds, consisting of patient-specific wound care services as well as a complete range of 60,000 home care products and anti-decubitus systems